Sunday, February 7, 2010

JBoss, Java6, InstanceNotFoundException and Yourkit profiler

Today I spent a few hours trying to realize why all of a sudden JBoss starts with annoying InstanceNotFoundException messages.
There where two changes done from the previous working configuration:
  • Switched to Java 6.0 (found out I was using 5.0 by mistake)
  • A new MBean was added
The problem did you reoccur when switching back to Java 5.0, but it did not help me much.
Cursing the entire worlds and blaming the guy who wrote the new MBean did not solve the issue so I started checking other things. It turned out that when removing the Yourkit profiler agent from the JBoss start script prevented this issue.
Digging into the Yourkit startup options I've found out that the profiler light-weight telemetry may clash with some JavaEE application servers MBeans implementation. The Yourkit J2EE integration wizard (which I did not use) adds a startup option which starts the telemetry with a delay - "delay=10000".
Adding the delay option solved my problems !

No comments: